We are honoured to announce that we started collaborating with UNIQLO EUROPE, US and Japan.
We’re working closely with their sustainability team to help make fashion more ethical and sustainable.
These are the projects we’re taking part in:
- Sashiko project – An old Japanese mending technique for repairing and reinforcing clothing. We are making display samples with sashiko stitching for several UNIQLO stores.
- Upcycling project – We re-create new clothing using UNIQLO’s faulty items to reduce waste and giving the garments a second life.
- Staff training – We train staff at their repair studios to deliver several repair services including sashiko.
- Workshop – We teach people how they can make their garments last longer by customisation.
- Repair tools – Our repair tools and items (haberdashery) can also be bought at some of UNIQLO`s stores
You can find more information about UNIQLO`s project and our collaboration in LifeWear magazine (physical copies available at every UNIQLO store):