- 直線定規 STRAIGHT PATTERN RULER
We use 2 types of straight rulers
- Flexible ruler for pattern drawing. As it is flexible you can also measure slightly curved lines.
- Acrylic ruler for cutting papers and fabrics. We have used quite a few cutting rulers but this Kawaguchi 60cm one is by far the best. As this ruler doesn’t have a steel edge, I was a bit worried the edge would get damaged when using a cutter or rotary cutter, but we haven’t had any issues. Also the lines don’t come off and they are slightly grey which makes them clearly visible on any colour of material. The backside of this ruler is specially coated to prevent slippage.
- カーブ尺 CURVED / SHAPED PATTERN RULER
There are various curved and shaped rulers for pattern drawing. We use quite a few different ones depending on the type of work.
- マールサシ Kawaguchi Measuring Wheel
If you’ve never used a measuring wheel before, you will absolutely love it. It will make your curve measuring life so much easier. You can simply measure curves like armholes and necklines by wheeling the ruler on the line you want to measure.
One side is printed with metric measurements whilst the other side is printed with 1/4 scale measurements (I personally never used this side).
- パターン用品 PATTERN CUTTING TOOLS
Useful tools to assist your with your pattern cutting work.
– お知らせ –